I always like to try new products but the ones listed below I am either a) using at the moment b) are staples in my regimen or c) All time, tried and true favorites. I know it seems like a lot lol but I rotate what I use each week. Trust me, everything gets used and some things I use more regularly.
I only use products that are all-natural, organic, ayurvedic, sulfate free, paraben free and free from all those other chemicals no one can pronounce (for the most part)…sooo much better for our hair. There’s a reason the ingredients God created always work the best… ;0)
- This gets its own category. Water is the most moisturizing thing you can put in your hair. That’s why it is usually the # 1 listed ingredient in most hair products.
- Spritzer mix— Water mixed with aloe vera juice, glycerin and essential oils
- Bee Mine Juicy Daily Moisturizing Mist
- Adé Vegan Hair Essentials Cucumber Aloe Moisture Mist
Shampoos — I only use shampoo bars!
- Henna Sooq Shampoo Bars (Cocoveda, Black Velvet, Soapnut)
- Chagrin Valley Shampoo bars
- Bobeam Cocoa & Rhassoul Clay Shampoo Bar
- Elegant Rose Shampoo bars
- Trader Joe’s Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner (Best $3 I have ever spent on my hair!)
- Nature’s Gate Conditioners
- Aubrey Organics White Camellia Ultra-Smoothing Conditioner (a TON of slip!)
- Shea Radiance Maximum Moisture Conditioner
Deep Conditioners — Store bought/ready-made DC’s
- Bee Mine Bee-U-Ti-Ful Moisturizing Deep Conditioner — My FAV!
- Bentonite Clay — TRY THIS! Mixed with Apple Cider Vinegar and/or water
- Aubrey Organics GPB Rosemary Peppermint Conditioner (contains protein)
- Shea Moisture African Black Soap Purification Hair Masque
DIY Conditioners/Treatments — I mix and match some of the ingredients below to make my own DC’s
- Cherry Lola — AMAZING Protein treatment!
- “Greenhouse Effect”
- Coconut milk
Ayurvedic Powder Treatments — THESE ARE A MUST!!! They are AMAZING! I mix with Coconut Milk and oils
Leave-In Moisturizers (water-based)
- Karen’s Body Beautiful Sweet Ambrosia (formerly Hair Milk) — ALL TIME FAV!
- Bee Mine Deja’s Hair Milk
- Koils by Nature Moisturizing Shealoe Leave-in Conditioner
- Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Hold Smoothie
- Coconut oil (ESSENTIAL!)
- Vatika Oil
- Jojoba oil
- Jamaican Black Castor/Castor oil
- Grapeseed oil
- Sweet Almond Oil
- Variety of essential oils (tea tree, peppermint, rosemary, thyme, cedar wood, lavender, myrtle)
Sealants/Butters/Creams (mostly shea based)
- Coco Curls Moisturizing Styling Cream — HOLY GRAIL!!
- The Gud Stuff — All time Fav! Perfect for twists and sealing ends
- Bee Mine Bee Hold Curly Butter — AMAZING shine and definition!
- Oyin Handmade Sugar Berries/Burnt Sugar Humectant Pomade — Seals my ends!
- Karen’s Body Beautiful Butter Love — Love how its super thick. Seals my ends!
- Oyin Handmade Whipped Pudding
- Shea Radiance Moisture Hair Butter
- WonderCurl Butter Than Love Whipped — This has serious hold and is GREAT for edges!
- Thermal Turban Wrap
- Metal clips
- Plastic claw clips
- Plastic Shower caps (for DC’s)
- Denman brush (I only use this on occasion, I mostly finger detangle)
- Silk scarf
- Bobbi pins
- Old, empty product containers
- Water-filtering shower head (to reduce elements and minerals in hard water)
- Liquid Plumber lol yea my drains definitely get clogged with shed hair….fun