The other week I posted a pic of the length of my hair as of January 2013. My growth was a SUPER shock to me because I rarely check the length of my hair and my shrinkage makes it difficult to tell. So my main focus for last year was to focus on the health and my SCALP to help re-grow in the hair that was falling out. I will of course ALWAYS focus on the health and scalp but I was so inspired by the length I had gained that I was hey! I really CAN grow my hair long! I was convinced that my hair reaches a certain length and then plateaus but I proved myself wrong lol
So I say all this to say, I am going to try and keep going! Who knows, maybe I can get my hair down to my WAIST! ***fingers crossed*** lol I really want to focus on growing out these annoying layers and really nourishing my edges and my center part/crown more than anything.
So I am preparing an arsenal for this challenge.Check out a working list of some things I plan to try/continue:
- Viviscal — I’ll be posting a mini introductory post tomorrow
- Bee Mine Mango Serum with Sulfer — I am going to start this after I finish one month of Viviscal; I’ll do an intro post when I start (check out the reviews on their website!! Excited!!)
- Jamaican Black Castor Oil — I probably won’t start this for a couple months but I will put it on the list for now since a few of my readers suggested I try this; I’d mix this with my EO’s
- Herbal Rinses — Never done these before so I need to see what its about! I was told to try catnip!!
- Continue Drinking Herbal Teas — A reader of mine suggested I infuse the teas in my spritzer mix so I will be doing this too! (thanks lady!!!!)
- Continue Ayurvedic Treatments — (neem, brahmi, shikakai, amla and more! I want to try some new powders along with my ole faithfuls. On my “to try” list is bhringraj, hibiscus and I think I may give in and try henna……
- Stimulating Brown Sugar Scalp Scrubs — added 1/29
If you know of any other remedies that really help with growth PLEASE post in the comments below!
As I find any other “Hair Growth” remedies I will be sure to share the wealth with you guys. Just remember, health is always first for me and then growth usually comes along after that! :o)
***PLEASE READ— I don’t know what it is but God has blessed La Coco Bella SO MUCH ALREADY this year! I told you 2013 is going to be a great year! Not just for my blog but all around, this is just a sliver of what is going to happen this year!! So far, I’ve received a slew of products to try out and share with my readers!! It was like the floodgates were opened for some reason. I’m really excited to share some of these awesome finds with you guys! It’s hard sticking to just one post a day lol
But the main thing I wanted to share is that I really want to express my deepest gratitude to the people/companies who have trusted me to share their products with an audience they may not have reached before and to introduce my readers to products/brands they may not have ever heard of before. I truly hope for a positive/successful pay off for ALL of us :o)
I want to again reiterate that I am NOT paid for ANY of the product experiences I post or associated with companies in any way. Blogging for me is in no way a self-seeking venture or about “getting free stuff”, etc. I sincerely want to share some of the great things I’ve discovered out there for our hair because I know how difficult and discouraging having natural hair can be at times…and if it helps a small business grow then that’s an added blessing and I am humbled to be a beacon to help make that happen! God always has a purpose for everything and I keep him in the center of all that I do so perhaps this is just part of his will (you know he’s a mysterious like that lol).
Any way, I know I don’t need to explain myself but I wanted to lol because in the next few months, you will see quite a few posts that mention I was given/gifted products and I don’t want you to pass any judgement :o(
Sooooo keep checking back for lots of product experiences!!!!! Thanks ladies (and gents if you’re out there!) :o)